In the shortest time, the IT sector has become one of the fastest growing industries in many countries, including the Republic of Artsakh, contributing to economic growth, competitiveness, productivity and reputation of the country.
In our country, the IT sector has been recognized as a priority in the development of the knowledge-based economy.
To bring the IT sector of the RA in correspondence with international standards, according to the Decision of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic Government No. 859-N of November 30, 2012, the Artsakh Information Technologies Center fund was founded, and on April 9, 2015, the Artsakh Information Technologies Center was officially opened in Stepanakert.
The Center was established by the Government of the Republic of Artsakh with the support of the Enterprise Incubator Foundation. The aim of the Center is to promote the development and prosperity in Artsakh supporting new and acting technology companies.
Strategic goals of the Center are:
- preparation of competitive workforce
- creation of business environment
- development of effective mechanisms for attracting foreign direct investments
- creation of a favorable business environment, to attract the transnational organizations to Artsakh
The main functions of the Artsakh Information Technologies Center are:
- reveal of innovative ideas, which have global and commercial potential for Artsakh;
- transformation of US, European and other international technologies to Artsakh for the establishment of the new joint companies;
- training of entrepreneurs for starting international level business in technological areas;
- establishment of centers for commercialization of technologies for the main sectors such as engineering, manufacturing;
- linkages with international capital and knowledge networks;
- arrangements with international companies and members of the Artsakh Information Technologies Center to be involved in business. The arrangements may become exchange agreements for international business and technologies in the future;
- transfer knowledge about methodology of commercialization of technologies and entrepreneurship skills to local entrepreneurs and partners to ensure stability in the region after completion of the project.
Artsakh IT center tries to create a favorable business environment between technology companies and consumers, to establish new business contacts, to stimulate the use of innovative technologies in other sectors of the economy, increasing competitiveness and productivity.
Technological Center also cooperates with the Universities of Artsakh.
Thanks to partnership of TUMO and AGBU, on September 2, 2015, the Tumo program became available to the youth of Artsakh.
The Stepanakert Center is able to cater to 1,000 students. The opening of Tumo Center became possible thanks to a partnership between the Simonyan Educational Foundation and the Armenian General Benevolent Union (AGBU).
The Tumo Center for Creative Technologies is a free of charge unique learning center for students aged 12–18 interested in art and IT.
Students study digital mass media, animation, web development and game development, as well as other skills such as 3D modeling, computer programming, music, photography and graphic design.
Its unique place in the field of information technologies in Artsakh occupies the Stepanakert office of the Yerevan branch of the American Sinergy International Systems, located in the building of the Artsakh Information Technologies Center.
Synergy International Systems is a global information technology firm that provides information systems advisory, design, development, and implementation services.
In 2019 Armenia will host for the first time the World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT). It is expected that the Congress will bring together about 3000 delegates representing IT leading companies, universities and scientific research centers, high-level officials from different countries, heads of multinational organizations, from more than 100 countries of the world.